Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Saturday morning after surgery

I didn't sleep much on Friday night, just kept waking up to check on Evan. I was worried that he would have some pain, or his ear would be bleeding, or that he would vomit again.

When I went over to his bed at 4 am, he was wide awake. He said, “I’m better now,” then he got all excited and said “Look at my bear!” At that moment, I knew he was back to normal. I got him up, gave him applesauce and medicine, and looked at his ear. The gauze was coming loose, a big chunk was hanging out. I tried to push it back in with a q tip, but it seemed like there was just too much of it. I then called the hospital to see what I should do. It was over an hour before I got to talk to the on call ENT physician. She said that if it was too much to push back in, I could just cut off the end and stick the rest back in. I fixed him up and put him back to bed.

I stayed up and watched him fall back asleap. At 8AM, he was well rested and had ALL of his energy back. We had applesauce, then a little while later, some yogurt, and soup a little while after that.

No comments: