Thursday, August 7, 2008

EEG, MRI, and EKG tomorrow morning

I've been on the phone with at least 3-4 different nurses from Meritcare today... just preparing for Evan's tests tomorrow. So, he can't have chocolate or caffeine today, and he can't eat after midnight tonight. The EEG test is a sleep deprived test, so I need to keep him awake all night, if possible. Not sure how this is gonna work. I guess I'm gonna be sleep deprived too... lol. If he does fall asleap and I can't keep him awake, I need to wake him up at 4 am and then keep him up until we go into the hospital at 7. He will be sedated for the tests. I tried to nap this afternoon, but I'm kind of tired, so I'm not sure how I'll stay awake to keep him awake all night. Well, wish us luck... we should be all done at noon and then maybe spend the rest of the afternoon napping... who knows. I might need some creative ideas on how to keep him up...

1 comment:

Mrs Rad Wag said...

Oh you poor guys! I don't have any ideas for keeping him awake, but if he does fall asleep, you can wake him up every hour or so - that will definitely keep him from getting "enough" sleep. I'll be praying for you guys!