Sunday, January 6, 2008

Positive thoughts...

I picked up the kids from Alex today, and I was super tired because I didn't sleep well last night and I took lots of caffeine, a dew and then a double shot of expresso in my turtle mocha at caribou... plus Tim was at least a half an hour late.. so I drank my coffee and read my "God will make a way" book. It was funny. Jordan was telling me funny stories and stuff... Evan was screaming about his legos that his dad let him bring and put in the backseat of my car most of the way home. The funny thing was, I just turned up the music and took it in stride. I was calm and collected, even when i felt headachy and kind of like i was getting an upset stomache from all the caffeine. We got home and managed to keep things under control, despite Evan's best attempts to freak out. So I just held him for a while. That is one thing that I learned in "Parenting with Love and Logic" class.

I was really contemplating things on the drive to Alex today... sometimes that extra time is really good for me. It forces me to think and figure things out. So the sermon at church today was about really letting God into our lives this year and not just expecting him to fix everything. Then I was thinking about being a single parent and all that too. I get the feeling that sometimes people think that I want them to solve my problems, or that I need a man to help raise my kids. That is so not true. It is hard at times, but I have totally excepted it. And I know that I can do it on my own, except that I'm not alone... God is there helping me along, as long as I keep remembering to allow him to help. Sometimes it does get lonely and frustrating. But seriously I would never expect a guy to come in and save the day or raise my kids. I can do that just fine on my own. All I need is friends to be there for me when I need the extra shoulder to cry on, or when I just need to vent a bit. I don't even need a man in my life. I would sure like to find my soulmate someday, but at this point... I'm not counting on it.

No comments: