Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas and New Years holiday events

I haven't posted for a while, so I'll have to try and remember what has been going on lately. Evan has been obsessed with my Christmas decorations, ever since I put them up a few weeks ago. He loves to play with my nativity set and rearracnge all my decorations. He also puts the Christmas stockings on his hands and runs around the house. He has knocked over our table top tree a couple of times and he managed to steal baby Jesus from my nativity set. It has been a couple weeks, and it still hasn't turned up. I have no idea what he did with it.

We went to the mall and Evan sat on Santa's lap after about 1/2 hour of coaxing. Then on the weekend we went to Santa Villiage again and when Evan sat on Santa's lap there, they were overjoyed because this was the same boy who was scared to death of Santa two weeks before.

During the holiday break from school, Evans energy was up as usual... no naps, and staying up until 10 or 11 every night. Evan has school again tomorrow, so hopefully now we can get back to a more normal routine. We went to Hillsboro today and had lunch with grandma and did some laundry. On the way home, I looked in the back seat hoping to see Evan sleeping away... but instead saw that he had dumped out the entire basket of clean folded clothes all over the really dirty back seat. I was not too impressed. When we got home, I treid to get him to take a nap, but instead I almost fell asleap and he didn't. Hmmmm. Some days can be quite frustrating.

Yesterday he had way too much energy, and I couldn't keep up with him. He was running around the house saying "I'm Santa, Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas" over and over and over again. LOL. I really hope it settles down a bit when he goes back to school.

No comments: